Saturday, July 11, 2009

Grandmom and Grandpa Visit!

The boys LOVE when my parents or Long's parents come for a visit! Who wouldn't love going to Toys R Us EVERYDAY!!! Seriously...Long's parents get them a toy every day they are in town and they have really been spoiled. Surprisingly though they turn off as soon as they leave. I've never dealt with meltdowns about getting things because from early on I've practiced with my boys. Before we go into the store, while still sitting in our car I'll say, "We are only looking today." Then I'll ask, "Are we getting a toy today?" I make them answer and say it all back to me. That way, they know and I've never had a single problem. They are known for saying, "Can we get this/do that another day?"

They arrive and hold sweet Isaac. The last time they saw him he was just born. Now, at 5 months he is much bigger and more interactive!
Grandpa and Owen reconnecting! They have always been very close, especially since Owen was with them the most when he was a baby.

Off to one of our favorite eating places. Mellow Mushroom is the place to be!


It started to rain so we headed inside to eat our lunch. The boys were so HAPPY to be with Grandmom and Grandpa!








Panera Bread for Bagels before a busy day of playing.







But, first a stop at Toys R Us to get Noah a bike! His very OWN bike was a fun surprise. The park was hot but not too hot for us to enjoy. If we were still in Texas there would be no way to enjoy the park on a July afternoon.




Owen wasn't ready for a bigger bike so he chose to stick with his Big Wheel.






Long's Aunt and friend came to hang out with us for the day. She was visiting from California.




Isaac soaking up all the attention!




Dinner that night was at a great local Asian place. It was GOOD!
















No comments: