Friday, July 3, 2009
Another sign for African adoption
Today while the boys were all napping I made a quick run to Whole Foods all by myself! It is a rare event that I run an errand without at least one child with me. During these times of solitude I usually think, pray, or grieve for my Dad. I usually don't feel the sting of his loss until I'm alone and able to express my grief. But, today I've really felt the tug to just release all my feelings about adoption...All my fears and uncertainties are in His hands and I don't want to ponder over the issues I cannot control. I want His will and want to know that I know that I know what He is calling us to do. I simply want peace. As I was standing in the grocery store placing different pieces of fruit in my cart, I was saying these things to the Lord. I was asking for peace and direction. Then as I looked down to get a pineapple this is what I saw:
A West African pineapple! I knew the Lord was with me and of course He always answers those who call upon Him. I feel like the Lord is saying, "take My hand. I will lead you into the unknown places. Draw near to me and I will draw near to you." I know He is faithful and I know that without faith it is impossible to please Him. So...today marks the day that Long and I commit to this journey. We haven't officially applied to the agency yet because Isaac needs to be 9 months old and he is just 5 months right now. However, we see the next step for our family and KNOW He is leading us to our daughter in Ethiopia. Thank you God for the peace that passes all understanding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment