Friday, December 5, 2008

Family Update

(an email I just sent out to friends and family)

Hi Friends,
I really should be asleep right now, but Long is in labor and delivery tonight so without anyone home to keep me accountable I'm here on the computer uploading pictures! I wanted to send out a few pictures of our sweet boys. They are growing so fast and as my pregnancy progresses I have a hard time realizing I'm the mother of three children! It seems like yesterday Noah was born and on the 27th he was 19 months old. Owen will be four in February and that blows my mind as well! How fast these days go by, yet some days they seem to drag on forever--like when daddy doesn't come home for the night:) When I was a little girl I use to imagine having my own family. Being a mother has always been my desire and when I was young I would try to come up with my own traditions to do with my children. I imagined having little girls, not boys, so this has changed my perspective :) But, there are days I need to remind myself of how much I looked forward to being a mother. I'm honored to be called a mother, yet those long hard days, especially being in my third trimester of pregnancy sink my joy. The season of Thanksgiving and Christmas is renewing my joy and giving me a fresh spirit to remember the priceless memories I'm making with my precious boys. The days are fleeting and I want my children to have lasting memories that make an eternal impact on their lives. I hope you are all enjoying the cooler weather. At night after the kids are asleep I like to make homemade hot chocolate, sit by our 3 foot tree :) and have conversations with Long (when he is home, of course) or read a good book.

Blessings,
Lindsay



Decorating our LITTLE tree.







Giving the boys their annual ornament. We even got one for our new baby brother!


All done and in a perfect place where little hands cannot touch!